1 medium sugar pumpkin (pie pumpkin, we couldn't find one so we used a carving pumpkin)
1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
2 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cup tomato sauce
3 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1 cup uncooked minute white rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place turkey in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain fat, add onion and garlic; saute slightly.
- Add sugar, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, tomatoes and tomato sauce and rice; mix thoroughly.
- Layer inside of pumpkin with 1/3 of cabbage, green beans and beef and rice mixture. Repeat layers, replace lid and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
Wash pumpkin, cut off top, scrape out seeds and discard.
Make sure you cook this in a roasting pan because the pumpkin gets very soft and there will be alot of juice. I wasn't sure about the cabbage but it was really good once it was all cooked. Also make sure you season your green beans before putting them in. You could also make this in squash and it would be really good. This was so yummy I can't wait to make it again!