Saturday, August 20, 2011
Here is our vacation in a nutshell.
Fun with Poppa,
and good times with Grammie,
beach time in the morning,
and chillin' by the pool in the afternoon.
and Daddy lovin'
and fun together for three!
Toes in the water and a paci in the sand...
fun in the sun at St. Andrews State Park,
and doggie racing time.
There were lots of cuddles
Mommy and Daddy date night,
Lots of relaxing
and lots of family time,
and good-bye kisses until next time!
Posted by Brittani at 8:27 PM
Since Landon has been born I have spent most of my time behind the camera. The pictures I do have of me with him are most often when my hair is done, make-up on and I make sure that you have got my "good angle". There were not really any pictures of me just being a mom.
A month or so ago I came across a blog that where I found out about "Embrace the Camera". I love the concept. The idea is to step out from behind the camera and allow someone else to shoot pictures of you, just the way you are...being a mom.
On vacation, Heath just happened to be taking pics of us when I wasn't paying attention. These are some of my favorite pictures, just me playing with Landon. After we got home and I saw these pictures I realized, I really am a mom. Not that I wasn't before but, it is different to see things in a picture, the way other people see you.
So, here I am "Embracing the Camera"...for the first time.
Now it's your turn!
Posted by Brittani at 12:35 PM
Monday, August 8, 2011
My sweet little man is now 4 months old I cannot believe how quickly this 4 months has passed. We adore him! He is truly one of the best babies ever. Here is what he is up to now.
- He can sit up as long as he is supported, he loves to be upright.
- Drooling is a constant thing. We go through several bibs a day
- He just moved into size 2 diapers and is just now in 3-6 months clothing
- "Tummy time" has now turned into "Rolling onto his back as quickly as possible time"
- He is REALLY, REALLY close to being able to roll from his back to tummy
- He sleeps in his crib at night for about 7 hours and usually goes to sleep around midnight.
- In the morning he loves to lay in bed with me and quietly talk and play with my face
- He puts everything he can get his hands on in his mouth
- Loves to play with his feet and has recently realized he can pull his socks off
- He has taken his first road trip to Tennessee to see Grandpa
- He laughs out loud and giggles all the time
- He is very ticklish
- You have to be on your toes with him now because he will grab your hair or earrings in a second. Heath has to worry about neither of these things.
- We are about to have to say goodbye to the baby bathtub because he splashes so much when he is in there that I am usually soaked and so is the floor
Posted by Brittani at 9:21 AM