Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby today...toddler tomorrow...

Oh. My. Goodness. How on earth is it possible that I will be the mom of a toddler tomorrow? How has a year already passed? I knew it would go by fast but, I think it was more like warp speed. Don't get me wrong there were moments that I thought would never end. They did end, in the blink of an eye. There was waaaaay more fun and good times then there were stressful times. This past year has been the most amazing year ever.

One year ago today, after a surprise water breaking incident, Heath and I headed to the hospital. I will never forget that drive. We were so excited, scared and happy for what was ahead. I will be old and gray and never forget those last few moments of us being a family of 2. Landon's entrance into this world is my most precious memory. Watching him take his first breath was stunning. My heart sings when I think of the moment we first looked into each others eyes. The world around me stopped and so did his crying. For a moment, it was just the two of us looking at each other. He was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.

There is nothing I enjoy more than being a mommy. I love seeing each and every one of Landon's milestones. I get so excited when he does something for the first time. Even though it means that he is growing up. I adore it when he calls for me, seeing his sweet smile each morning and when he hugs my neck when I pick him up. He brings me more joy than I ever thought possible.

I have been so amazed to see Heath with him too. They have so much fun playing together. I love to see him rock Landon or to try to teach him something new. Landon makes us laugh out loud on a daily basis.

Oh, Sweet Landon,

You're are my greatest gift ever, a special delivery straight from the hands of God. I could not imagine life without you. I have treasured these past 12 months. I am honored to be called your Mommy. Tonight I put you to bed as a baby for one last time. Tomorrow you will be a toddler and while I am sad to leave babyhood behind I am thrilled to see the amazing little boy you are growing into. Daddy and I love you more than you will ever know. We would do anything for you. You are our greatest treasure. We love you Landon Dean...to the moon and back a million times. Even though tomorrow you will be a toddler, you will always be my baby!

Love Mommy

1 comments:

Ashlie said...

Everyone warns you it goes by fast, but it really really does! Happy happy birthday to my sweet one year old nephew! I can't wait to see what toddlerhood brings!