Friday, April 29, 2011
Posted by Brittani at 7:22 PM
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Landon was technically 2 weeks on Monday but, we just went for his two week appointment today. He is getting so big so fast. Here is how the last two weeks have gone
- Today he weighed in at 7lbs 14 oz, which would make you think he has only gained 4 oz but, he actually lost down to 6 lbs 13 oz so, he has actually gained 1lb and 1 oz!
- He has grown 1/2" in length and is now 21 1/2"
- He eats about every three hours and has had a sensitive tummy which means I have had to give up dairy, leafy greens, chocolate, peas, and limit my juice and tomato based products. We hope to start to slowly reintroduce those foods in the next week...mom is starting to get hungry!
- He is a good sleeper and enjoys sitting in his swing and bouncy chair
- He LOVES bath time, he would gladly stay in the tub as long as we allowed
- He is starting to smile a little
- If he is awake he will study your face and follow it.
- His eyes are turning a beautiful shade of light blue...just like his Daddy's!
- He is very strong and holds his head up for a good amount of time
- VH1's music videos keep us entertained during our early morning feedings
Posted by Brittani at 7:25 PM
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
The next day, Friday, I was off and spent the day resting, walking and sitting on my yoga ball trying to get him to drop more.
On Saturday, I went to work but, I could hardly walk. I was so sore in my hips, pelvis and lower back. I felt terrible but, I stayed at work and just sat at my desk.
Sunday, I got up and went to work again still feeling bad. After work Heath and I had planned to run some errands. When I got home we went to wash the car, we went to eat and then went to Walmart to pick up some furniture we had ordered. When we were in Walmart I could barely walk. I told Heath he wasn't going to make it until next Friday, I was pretty sure he would come sooner. When we got home I went to take a bath and Heath started working on putting the furniture together. After I got out I started feeling really bad in general so, I laid down on the sofa at about 10. A few minutes later I heard a loud pop, like a champagne cork. Then I felt a long slow burning sensation along my lower belly. I called for Heath to come in and sit with me for awhile. Once he sat down about 15 seconds later I felt water start to gush out. I could see past my belly so I told Heath that I thought my water might have broke and could he see it. His eyes got huge, He jumped off the sofa. He was yelling "What do I do? Do we need to go?" I had to yell at him to calm down.
While I called the doctor, he called his mom to come over. The doctor told me to go to the hospital. So, while Heath packed the car, I gathered up the last few things I needed to pack. I was a little frustrated because I had just taken off all my makeup and brushed out my hair so, I attempted to put myself somewhat back together. While we were getting things together I had my first contraction. I had about 4 more before we left the house, with each one a little stronger than the last. We headed for the hospital around 10:45.
Heath and I spent the drive talking about how we could not believe this was actually happening. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were about 5 minutes apart and pretty strong. Heath came around to help me out of the car and when I stood up I had a MAJOR gush of water, about a quart or more. I was completely soaked at this point. It was all the way down my legs, into my flip flops. When I walked I squished. All we could do was laugh hysterically and the more I laughed the more it gushed out. I was so embarrassed to walk through the hospital, which only added up to more laughter.
Once they got me checked in I was only dilated to a 1. Kristi showed up just before they moved me to my labor and delivery. By the time I got to my room I was having pretty strong
Posted by Brittani at 7:30 PM
Friday, April 8, 2011
I just wanted to make a quick announcement that our beautiful baby boy made his debut on Monday, April 4th at 6:23 PM. After a very long labor and delivery he is finally in our arms. It was the most precious moment of our lives. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 21" long. Heath and I could not be happier. I will share our fun birth story when I have a little more time.
Posted by Brittani at 3:15 PM