...Ok, so I know Landon didn't actually "Leave the Nest" but it feels like it. I feel like I dropped him off at college. I had no idea moving him across the house to his own room would be so hard...on me!! I have put it off for awhile because I wasn't ready yet but, seeing as how he is getting too big for his cradle I had to suck it up and move him out.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Before he was born we bought a video monitor for this very moment. Somehow, having the monitor didn't make me feel any better about it. The only thing it did do was keep me for going into his room every 15 minutes to make sure he was still breathing. I could just look at the monitor every 5 minutes to check!
Friday night I got him good and sleepy and put him in his bed around midnight. I chose to do this on a night when I was off the next day because I was sure I would be up several times through the night. He went to sleep pretty quickly and then slept...for the next 7 hours. Don't get me wrong, he did stir a little through the night, but he never full woke up until he was ready to eat at 7:00 AM. I was shocked. I think he loved being able to stretch out and move around. He got a great nights sleep and I was exhausted. Even when I slept, I didn't fully go to sleep, afraid that I wouldn't hear him. After he ate at 7 I moved him into the bed with me, just because I needed to cuddle.
On Saturday, I put him down for his naps in his bed and he went right to sleep again. Once, when he woke up he just laid there and played with the bumper pad until I came to get him. Part of me wishes he would have taken this a little harder. Cried to be with me a little or something but, he didn't. My little man is growing up and it won't be long till he really is leaving the nest...for that I will need a sedative!
Posted by Brittani at 4:23 PM
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
One year ago today, Heath and I stood in amazement,
looking at this....
and this morning, one year later, we still stand in amazement,
looking at this...
Posted by Brittani at 6:19 PM
Friday, July 15, 2011
No, I have not died or fallen off the face of the earth. I have just been extremely busy!!! To busy to blog. Even though I am slightly behind I didn't want you to think I had forgotten that my tiny man turned 3 months old on July 4th! I have no idea how this is even possible but, it is! Here is what the past month has been like.
- My favorite thing is he started laughing! I love this! It may be the cutest thing I have ever seen.
- He is a STRONG little man. He will push off of you with his feet. Grab your shirt or hair...whatever he can get his hands on.
- He drools constantly. We change bibs several times a day.
- He love to "sit" up, well, more like propped up.
- He also loves to be able to see what is going on.
- He loves to hold on to his hands, play with them and put them in his mouth
- The cutest thing is that he sucks on his bottom lip sometimes.
- In the evening we have the best time "talking" to each other. He makes the sweetest baby noises.
- He LOVES music and thinks a spontaneous dance party is all the rage!
- This tiny man does have a big size temper!
- He really enjoys people watching.
These past 3 months have flown by. They have been the best, most tiring, exciting months of my life and I LOVE it! Here is my 3 month old little monkey!
Posted by Brittani at 1:32 PM